After a chilly and windy Brisbane winter’s day I was looking for inspiration for a dinner to warm us all up. I try not to waste food and hate throwing out food that's gone off at the back of the fridge so I was excited to find a small square of feta cheese tucked away in the fridge that became the inspiration I needed to create my veggie salad. The perfect accompaniment to your choice of roast or some delicious slices of halloumi cheese.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did.
A warm wholesome salad perfect to accompany your favourite roast
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Chop broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and carrot into rounds.
- Toss the vegetables in coconut oil and spread onto a large oven tray with the cloves of garlic. Cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft with hints of brown on the florets.
- While waiting for the vegetables to roast combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small jar.
- Gently warm the frozen peas in a saucepan with a small amount of water.
- Toss the roasted vegetables and peas into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mash the roasted garlic and add this to your dressing. Shake well.
- Sprinkle parsley and feta over the salad and generously dress your salad.