You wont believe this banana bread is gluten free. It has a lovely texture that is fluffy and moist just like banana bread made from traditional flour and your children will love it in their school lunch box. Delicious hot or cold with or without butter you can’t go wrong.
It works just as well if you sub out the butter and replace it with coconut oil for a dairy free version and for something a bit special take out the nuts and add in choc chips.
We hope you enjoy this gluten free banana bread.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a large loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs with the butter, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the mashed bananas and beat until smooth.
- Add the cassava flour and bicarb soda to the wet mixture and gently fold in.
- Fold in the blueberries and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.