The entertainers friend… the best ever potato bake. Yum.
Who doesn’t love a fresh crunchy salad served with a side of the best potato bake you’ll ever taste. This recipe ticks all the boxes – gluten free, dairy free and vegan and absolutely easy AND delicious.. It will be your best friend this summer. You can make it ahead of time and simply pop it in the oven to reheat before serving.
Potato Bake - Gluten free and vegan
- 2 large onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 kg of potatoes scrubbed and boiled
- 400 g of coconut cream
- 2 eggs (don't add eggs for vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon of French mustard
- Boil the potatoes whole and then let them cool in the fridge.
- Slowly sweat down the onions, garlic and salt in a little butter or oil in a frying pan until caramelised.
- Turn on the oven and heat to 180°
- Slice the cooled potatoes into ½ cm thick.
- Grease a baking dish (I use an enamel baking dish for the best results.
- Layer the potato and onion until you reach the top of the dish making sure you end with a layer of potato.
- Blended the coconut cream. Eggs and mustard together and then pour the mix over the layered potato and onions. For a vegan version simply don't add the eggs.
- Pop the dish in the oven and cook until firm and golden brown on top.