A yummy easy gingerbread recipe for anytime but definitely a great option to bake for a nude food snack in the school lunch box. We’ve even included notes so you can make this gingerbread man recipe gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan. Happy baking.
- 2 cups of plain flour (we use ¼ cup coconut flour, ¼ cup of tapioca flour, 1½ cups of buckwheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg or for a vegan version swap the egg for 1 tbs of flax meal mixed with 3tbsp of water (allow to thicken before using)
- 125 g of butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup golden syrup or molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar or we like to use rapadura and coconut palm sugar
- Set oven to 180° (160° fan forced)
- Cream together butter (or oil), sugar and golden syrup.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then fold into creamed mixture.
- Roll out mixture between to sheets of baking paper and pop into the fridge to firm up.
- Once firm cut our shapes and place on a baking tray.
- Place the tray of biscuits in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.