If you’ve been looking for a simple but effective DIY toilet bowl cleaner we have an easy to make recipe you can use to make your very own toilet bombs. These eco friendly toilet bombs are made from everyday non toxic items you may already have around your house.
DIY toilet bombs replace store bought toilet powders and liquids so that you can say no to another plastic bottle…saving the planet one plastic bottle at a time.👏
You won’t miss your supermarket toilet bowl cleaner when you use these toilet bombs – they leave your toilet sparkling clean.
DIY Toilet Bombs
- Measuring cups
- A mixing spoon
- A mixing bowl
- Silicone moulds
- An airtight glass jar
- 1 cup of bi-carb soda
- 1 cup of citric acid
- 20 drops of essential oils I like using a blend of Eucalypts oil and lemon oil
- 1-3 teaspoons of water
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients together.
- Carefully add your essential oils to the dry ingredients ensuring that you don’t add them all in the one spot. You want your dry ingredients to be moist enough to clump together like damp sand but not to wet that they start reacting with each other.
- Now start adding a small amount of water at a time until you achieve a slightly damp mix. You want to avoid the mixture fizzing as you do this – spraying the water in can help with this.
- Now it’s time to spoon your mix into the silicone moulds and leave to dry overnight or if you can 24 hours. The toilet bombs will be fragile at first but will harden over the next few days.
- Carefully remove the toilet bombs from the silicone mould and place in a sealed jar. I recommend popping a recycled silica sachet into the jar to absorb any moisture.
Add one bomb to your toilet and allow to fizz. Once the fizzing has stopped grab your toilet brush (my favourite is the Eco Max toilet brush made from coconut fibre) and scrub any stains away. For stubborn stains add a sprinkle of borax into the bowl when you add the toilet bomb.