Our three boys are active healthy kids and I’m always on the look out for healthy gluten free snacks that don’t come covered in plastic. Nori snacks are a great treat but they come in individual snack packs made from plastic and include a plastic tray!!
As my awareness grows of the how ubiquitous single use plastic is, particularly in covering food in supermarkets and health food stores I am making a choice to say no to the kids when they pester me for snacks wrapped in any sort of plastic.
So today I decided I’d make my own nori snacks and share the recipe with you.
- Nori Sheets
- Coconut oil
- Salt – I use Himalayan rock salts
- Preheat the oven to 150C and place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Cut the nori sheets into quarters (or any shape you like) with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Lightly brush the shiny side of the nori with coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and spread across the tray in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until crisp.
I’m now sitting under our beautiful gum tree quietly enjoying a few nori snacks before the chaos of the afternoon descends. Bliss