Love this family favourite? Both rhubarb and apples are abundant in winter and I've been feeling inspired to create a classic crumble, gluten free. Everyone will love it.
Rhubarb and Apple Crumble - Gluten free
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 5 teaspoons solid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1/2 bunch of stewed rhubarb
- 500g stewed apples
- Combine the coconut sugar, almond meal, shredded coconut, rice flour, buckwheat flour and mixed spice in a small bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and use your fingertips to rub into the coconut mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the flaked almonds.
- Combine the stewed fruit in a dish.
- Sprinkle crumble over the apple and rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.